Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A 3 Track Preview of Creative CD

I’ve spent a lot of time mulling over my CD for our creative sessions at college, and I’m going to give you a three track teaser and tell you why I’ve picked them.

Goodbye by Mudvayne
Originally I had the idea that all the tracks on my CD were going to be B-Sides or the very last tracks on albums, but I quickly stopped with that idea when I realised I had very few tracks that were worth it. This track by Mudvayne is one of my favourite tracks that they never really released properly, and I always use it as a track to show people that I don’t just listen to music that is lots of shouting and screaming. I mainly picked it for the distinct mood it has around the song, and will hopefully get people inspired in a different way to the rest of my tracks.

Out Of Limits – The Marketts
I’m a big fan of movie soundtracks, and this is one of my favourite tracks from any movie soundtrack ever. I mainly like it so much because it always makes me think about surfing, beaches and holidays. It’s a very typical surfing song, with twangy guitars. Also, it sounds like The Twilight Zone at the very beginning. I picked it because I doubt very many (hopefully none) of the rest of the CDs will have any surfer music on it.

Armchair Detective – Reverend and the Makers
This is another one of those end of the album tracks that I originally picked when I had the idea. Before I even thought about the CD I knew that I had to stick some Yorkshire music on there, and this is that track. I didn’t want to be obvious and stick on some Arctic Monkeys. Again, it’s got a very funky tune and quite a distinct style. It’s quite easy going too.

3 comments:

Chris Towell said...

Reverend and the Makers are growing on me. I love heavyweight champion of the world, and he said he loved me is good too.

I too am a big movie soundtrack fan due to the diverse range of music. *Note to self add Surfer music to my CD*. Only kidding don' think I have any Surfer music apart from one off the Snakes on a Plane Soundtrack.

I have to say I haven't heard any songs from your 3 selections and I think the idea of B-Sides is brilliant as this is the 'unheard music' unless your a fan if I am not mistaken?

Good choices

DREW said...

Well I can say with much confidence that I haven't heard of any of your choices so it will be quite interesting for me. Though the same could be said for some of gthe others choices too.

I almost picked Arctic Monkeys but then I thought everyone must be tired of hearing those tracks.

I like songs also from movie soundtracks I think its often a good way of discovering an act you haven't come accross before.

John Browne said...

Hi and thanks for the comment, hmmmm after reading further down my comments i noticed steve is just stiring the pot (i predict a riot as he stated) he even shouted out to the class something which is completely untrue and which would just get me into a world of bother just for his own ammusments.