Friday, February 23, 2007

The Mid-Holiday Blog

So lets talk a little about what I've been doing for a week.

I’ve finally nearly got my presentation cracked. I’ve got a couple more slides to create and then I’m done for the slides part. Then I’ve got to start rehearsing my patter. There’s a couple of things that I’ve got in presentation that I don’t know whether they will work yet so I’m eager to test these parts out and decide whether they work or not.

The main worry at the moment with my presentation is that I’ve gone into too much detail on my slides. It’s not that there’s a lot of text on them – far from it – it’s just I think I’ve written down practically everything I know on the slides, which means I won’t be able to do much expanding on the points I have there. I think this is something that will change before the dry-run next week, because I much prefer using the slides as cue cards rather than having all my information on there to begin with.

I’ve decided on quite a wacky design for my slides, but I’m fully aware that this isn’t really in keeping with the style of Eric Gill. I’ve used his fonts, but in a different way to what I’d imagine Eric Gill would use them. I thought because Eric Gill isn’t amazingly interesting, a good eye-catching design would spark the viewer’s interest straight away. Obviously one of the main things I’m going to be getting a lot of next week is feedback. There’s a lot of quite experimental work going on at the moment so I can imagine I’ll have a lot to change after the day. It’d be boring if it stayed the same anyway.

On the website front, I’ve changed quite a lot with regards to my feedback. There’s still some stuff to polish off, but I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got at the moment. The main thing I’ve still got left to do is create some kind of caption to my images so people don’t get confused. I’m thinking of making a simple HTML image holder page that pops up when you’ve clicked on an image, because I’m aware I’m fast running out of time.

So there you go. That’s about it really.

See you soon.

No comments: