Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"Welcome to HND sucker"

That quote in the title wasn't actually said, but if my HND class today was a super-cool movie, that's what would have been said to sum up the situation. In fact, I'd be so bold as to say that if the assignment brief was published in Swahili it wouldn't have been any harder to understand than when it was written in (Plain, thanks Steve!) English.

I've always been used to having very specific criteria to meet, and each one being clearly defined so you understand fully what you have to be doing. That seems to be the exact idea that HND is trying to kick out of me, which for my first assignment is obviously quite a big shock. It did get a lot of explaining though, thanks to Steve's afternoon lectures, so I now feel in a better situation to approach it.

The only other thing that is bugging me right now is researching. Again, the emphasis is on doing a LOT of research, which is another thing I'm not used to. Yes I should be, coming straight off the back of 3 A Levels, but anyone saying A Levels are too easy wouldn't be too far from the truth.

Nevertheless, I'm ready for the challange and I'm going to go at it with all guns pointing forwards. And blazing. Naturally.

No comments: